Looking for an updated Hearthstone Mercenaries tier list for 2022? You’ve come to the right place.
Check out our rankings of the best Hearthstone Mercenaries cards for the current game meta for PvP.
But before we begin ranking our Hearthstone Mercenaries list, let’s go over what each tier means.
Hearthstone Mercenaries Tier List Ranking Meaning:
- S Tier Cards – These cards are currently the best in the Hearthstone Mercenaries game mode, in our opinion.
- A Tier Cards – These are also excellent Hearthstone Mercenaries characters, who will fight well in any battle.
- B Tier Cards – These are your average Hearthstone mercenaries. While they may not be optimal, you can still use them to moderate success.
- C Tier Cards – The cards listed here are not the worst in Hearthstone Mercenaries, but they aren’t that good.
- D Tier Cards – These are (in our opinion) the least desirable Hearthstone Mercenaries. We recommend you avoid playing with these cards if you can but use them as fodder.
December 20, 2022: Made changes to our Hearthstone Mercenaries tier list.
Hearthstone Mercenaries Tier List – S TIER CARDS
Here are the best Hearthstone mercenaries characters in the game right now. These cards are so strong that you can win every battle effortlessly with them.
- Ysera — Fighter, Dragon
- Khadgar — Caster, Human
- Nemsy Necrofizzle — Caster, Gnome
- Bwonsamdi — Fighter, Troll
- Trigore the Lasher — Protector, Beast
- Y’Shaarj — Protector, Old God
- Valeera Sanguinar — Fighter, Blood Elf
- Elise Starseeker — Fighter, Night Elf
A Tier Hearthstone Mercenaries
Here are some good Hearthstone Mercenaries characters that you can use in your battles without too many headaches.
- Lokholar the Ice Lord — Protector, Elemental
- Sinestra — Fighter, Dragon
- Varden Dawngrasp — Caster, Blood Elf
- N’zoth — Caster, Old
- Medivh — Protector, Human
- Balinda Stonehearth — Fighter, Human
- C’Thun — Fighter, Old God
- Sneed — Protector, Pirate
- Eudora — Fighter, Pirate
- Malfurion Stormrage — Protector, Night Elf
- Prince Malchezaar — Protector, Demon
- Reno Jackson — Caster, Human
- Queen Azshara — Caster, Naga
- Kazakus — Caster, Troll
- Tirion Fordring — Fighter, Human
- Cookie the Cook — Caster, Murloc
- Tidemistress Athissa — Protector, Naga
- Lorewalker Cho — Caster, Pandaren
- Nefarian — Fighter, Dragon
- Jaina Proudmoore — Caster, Human
- Vol’jin — Caster, Troll
- Sylvanas Windrunner — Fighter, Undead
- Baine Bloodhoof — Protector, Tauren
- Long’xin — Caster, Dragon
- Cairne Bloodhoof — Protector, Tauren
- Lady Vashj — Fighter, Naga
- Yu’lon — Protector, Dragon
- Maestra — Caster, Orc
- Yogg-Saron — Caster, Murloc
- Edwin Defias Kingpin — Fighter, Pirate
- Tyrande — Fighter, Night Elf
B Tier Hearthstone Mercenaries
Although the B Tier Hearthstone Mercenaries are not the greatest in the game, they can still be useful enough to win you some games.
- Baron Geddon — Caster, Elemental
- Lady Anacondra — Fighter, Night Elf
- The Lich King — Protector, Human
- Diablo — Fighter, Demon
- Millhouse Manastorm — Caster, Gnome
- Captain Hooktusk — Caster, Pirate
- Cariel Roame — Protector, Human
- Bru’kan — Caster, Troll
- Onyxia — Caster, Dragon
- Sky Admiral Rogers — Caster, Human
- Brightwing — Caster, Dragon
- Leeroy Jenkins — Fighter, Human
- Blink Fox — Caster, Beast
- Alexstrasza — Protector, Dragon
C Tier Hearthstone Mercenaries
If you’re an experienced Hearthstone player, you’ll know when to include C-tier mercenaries in your deck. Otherwise, it’s better to skip playing with these unless you don’t have better cards.
- Rexxar — Fighter, Half-Orc
- Brann Bronzebeard — Protector, Dwarf
- Mr. Smite — Protector, Pirate
- Ragnaros — Protector, Elemental
- Patches the Pirate — Caster, Pirate
- Grommash Hellscream — Protector, Orc
- Zar’jira the Sea Witch, Caster, Naga
- Guff Runetotem — Caster, Tauren
- King Krush — Fighter, Beast
- Murloc Holmes — Protector, Murloc
- Illidan Stormrage — Fighter, Night Elf
- Anduin Wrynn — Caster, Human
- Maiev Shadowsong — Protector, Night Elf
- King Mukla — Protector, Beast
- Scabbs Cutterbutter — Fighter, Gnome
- Neeru Fireblade — Caster, Orc
- Cornelius Roame — Protector, Human
- Sir Finley — Protector, Murloc
D Tier Hearthstone Mercenaries
And lastly, we have the least useful cards in Hearthstone Mercenaries mode. We recommend that you do not use these cards, but that’s just our opinion. Who knows, you might be a great player and find success even with these low-ranked characters.
- Tyrael — Fighter
- Deathwing — Protector, Dragon
- Varok Saurfang — Fighter, Orc
- Blademaster Samuro — Fighter, Orc
- Vanndar Stormpike — Protector, Dwarf
- Tavish Stormpike — Fighter, Dwarf
- Uther Lightbringer — Protector, Human
- Kurtrus Ashfallen — Protector, Night Elf
- Tess Greymane — Protector, Human
- Xuen — Fighter, Beast
- Drek’Thar — Caster, Orc
- Chi-Ji — Caster, Beast
- Old Murk-Eye — Fighter, Murloc
- Lord Jaraxxus — Protector, Demon
- Aranna Starseeker — Caster, Night Elf
- Korrak the Bloodrager — Caster, Troll
- Genn Greymane — Protector, Human
- Thrall — Protector, Orc
- Mutanus — Fighter, Murloc
- Varian Wrynn — Protector, Human
- Murky — Fighter, Murloc
- Mannoroth — Protector, Demon
- War Master Voone — Fighter, Troll
- Tamsin Roame — Caster, Undead
- Garrosh Hellscream — Protector, Orc
- Fathom-Lord Karathress — Protector, Naga
- Morgl the Oracle — Caster, Murloc
- Archimonde — Caster, Demon
- Rathorian — Fighter, Demon
- Garona HalfOrcen — Fighter, Half-Orc
- Gruul — Protector, Gronn
- Xyrella — Caster, Draenei
- Wrathion — Fighter, Human
- Yrel — Fighter, Draenei
- Vanessa VanCleef — Protector, Pirate
- Rokara — Fighter, Orc
- Prophet Velen — Caster, Draenei
- Niuzao — Protector, Beast
- Gul’Dan — Caster, Orc
- Captain Galvangar — Caster, Pirate
- Antonidas — Caster, Human
- Natalie Seline — Caster, Human
How We Created This Tier List
When we publish tier lists, we gather data from many sources. We start by playing the game ourselves and experiencing it firsthand.
But we also check out what other players are using in-game, as well as feedback from places like the Hearthstone Mercenaries discord server or from the Hearthstone Mercenaries subreddit.
This tier list reflects our opinions. We’re not trying to tell you how to play, and we know that some people might disagree with us. We encourage everyone to play how they want and have fun with their friends.
As the game continues to evolve and receive updates, such as nerfs or buffs to certain characters, this tier list might change.
Feel free to share your thoughts on our Hearthstone tier list in the comments below.
Explore more related content: cEDH Tier List
What is Hearthstone Mercenaries?
Hearthstone’s latest game mode, Mercenaries, was released on October 12th, 2021. In this game mode, you control a mercenary (merc) as your main character.
Mercenaries mode is a turn-based fighting system that combines RPG elements, with PvE and PvP content. This is different from the other game modes, which are focused on card battles with constructed cards
Again, please keep in mind that this is a Hearthstone Mercenaries tier list for PvP and less for PvE, although some or most of the characters ranked here will perform well in PvE as well (according to their rankings).
What do you think about our Hearthstone Mercenaries tier list? Leave us a rating or a comment down below.
Check our tier lists for games, explore our gaming guides, or read the META gaming news. You could also like us on Facebook and follow us on Google News and Twitter to stay updated with our content.
6 thoughts on “Hearthstone Mercenaries Tier List: Best Cards Ranked June 2023”
There are already 100 mercenaries and only 50 in this supposedly updated tier list
We don’t always add the mercenaries as soon as they are released, we need time to see how they perform in the meta and how players are using them. We’ve updated the list now that we have gathered more data and info about them.
Thanks for feedback.
Ya’ll are smoking something if you think Geddon belongs in D-tier. Fire tribe teams can clear just about any content currently out for Mercenaries.
Hey, while we do appreciate the feedback, keep in mind that this is a tier list oriented for PvP more than PvE. So Geddon while good in PvE content sadly isn’t that good in PvP, but we did bump it up to B tier as we see some players have success in PvP as well.
Other tier lists have Xyrella in S-tier, here she’s D tier. She’s so bad in PVP? Also saw Rokara in A-tier, Garrosh in S-tier, here they’re both D-tier.
Yes, well it’s because Xyrella was especially popular a year ago or so when paired with Samuro. But in this current meta at top-level MMR PVP, the cards that you mentioned don’t really see too much gameplay. Anyway, this is our opinion of course 🙂